Membership - Why Join?
We Want You!
The Campustown Action Association is looking for businesses, non-profits, and individuals interested in helping shape the growth of Campustown. Joining CAA will give you a voice in guiding policy in the area, aid you in finding allies in your neighbors, and help you promote your business or organization as well as the entire Campustown District.
We’re better and stronger together. Your membership investment helps the Campustown Action Association fulfill its purpose to bring about positive change in the Campustown District. When you become a Campustown Action Association member, your contribution helps us…
- Buy supplies for Make Campustown Shine, our monthly clean-up program. Held April through November, MCS encourages pride in our district by hosting groups of volunteers to pick up litter and debris throughout the Campustown neighborhood.
- Host events such as Summerfest, Fridays Around Campustown and Tricks & Treats, bringing community members and visitors to the district.
- Advocate for services and programs needed in the Campustown Service Center, such as the Campustown Façade Grant Program. This City of Ames program provides matching funds to property owners for use in updating street facing facades of buildings.
- Distribute a monthly e-newsletter to both inform and promote members of the Campustown District.
- Facilitate programming to create a sense of community in the district, such as our Monthly Social and the Campustown Lunch & Learn
- Increase our beautification efforts, from annual plantings to street-pole banners, all of which help identify Campustown as a destination district for Ames, Iowa State University, and surrounding communities.
Our volunteers and staff are committed to making Campustown the best it can be. Your help is essential in continuing our work toward a vibrant, thriving district we can all be proud of. As a member of CAA, you and your staff are invited to participate on committees, attend the monthly social, or even join the board. We want our membership base to reflect the same things we are looking for in a district.
Diverse. Creative. Welcoming.